Each session PSATS releases these policy statements, which represent its legislative agenda for the next two years. These policies are established by the Association’s membership in democratic forums and guide our advocacy efforts on behalf of the state’s 1,454 townships.
This legislative session, we want to see the General Assembly build on its support for local government by taking steps to keep local governments sustainable by removing or mediating costly barriers to success.
The following are at the top of PSATS’ wish list for 2019-2020:
- Access to High-Speed Internet
- Environmental Protection:
- Government Transparency: Sunshine, Right-to-Know, and Legal Advertising
- Growth and Development
- Labor & Employment Mandates
- Legal Reforms
- Local Taxation
- Natural Gas Impact Fees
- Preserving Local Democracy
- Public Officias’ Code of Ethics
- Public Safety:
- Relief from Unfunded Mandates