Is your stormwater management program in need of some help?
Do you have problems complying with your MS4 permit?
Want to learn the latest best practices in stormwater management?
Are you new to stormwater management?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then you will want to attend the “2021 PSATS Stormwater Conference” nearest you!
Click on the location to register. Registration is open to anyone.
- September 14 – Policy and Technical Tracks, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh – Monroeville Convention Center, 101 Mall Blvd, Monroeville, PA 15146
- September 29 – Policy and Technical Tracks, at the Blue Bell Country Club, 1800 Tournament Dr, Blue Bell, PA 19422
- September 21 – Policy Track, at the PSATS Education Center, 4855 Woodland Drive, Enola PA 17025
- September 22 – Technical Track, at the PSATS Education Center, 4855 Woodland Drive, Enola PA 17025
Each full-day event starts at 9 a.m. and will conclude by 3:30 p.m. Earlybird registration is $125 before 8/1/2021 and $150 thereafter. The registration fee includes lunch, breaks, certificate of attendance, and conference materials. During registration, each registrant must select whether they will attend the “Technical” or the “Policy” workshop track.
If you are a consulting engineer or a member of a municipal operations staff, you will want to select the “Technical” track for presentations such as how to:
- Develop a realistic green infrastructure installation plan that your municipal road crew and public works departments can strategically implement to reduce flooding and improve stormwater quality
- Calculate the line-item costs of installing, operating, and maintaining the BMPs your municipality will need to develop a realistic municipal stormwater budget
- Work with private landowners to evaluate and design BMPs that they can install to further help your municipality achieve cost-effective compliance
- Use the available drainage ways, infiltration areas, and other water resources that nature has already given you (economic ecology)
- Locate the best places to do stream corridor restoration, one of the more cost-effective practices to reduce nutrient and sediment loads
For those with managerial and administrative stormwater responsibilities, you will want to select the “Policy” track for presentations such as how to:
- Create effective partnerships with other municipalities and private stakeholders to improve compliance and lower overall costs
- Develop joint municipal pollutant reduction plans (PRPs) that can lower the participating municipalities’ overall costs.
- Implement a rural stormwater fee to help farmers meet their stormwater responsibilities at the lowest cost
- Balance the construction of grey and green infrastructure projects for cost and appearance reasons
Make sure you register early to reserve your spot to learn cost-effective ways to improve compliance with your MS4 NPDES permit and state-of-the-art practices for improving your overall stormwater management program from the best in the business.
For additional information, contact James Wheeler, PSATS Stormwater Conference Manager at MS4@psats.org or by calling 717-763-0930, ext. 128.