PSATS is committed to keeping Pennsylvanians informed about the important role of local government in the commonwealth and how the issues of the day affect township officials and residents.
Please direct media inquiries to:
(717) 763-0930, ext. 123
Click the links below to see these news releases issued by the Pa. State Association of Township Supervisors.
Please Note: All op-eds are by David M. Sanko, PSATS Executive Director unless otherwise indicated.
Local Government Week
- Say Thanks to Your Township Supervisors! (April 2022)
- Lending a Helping Hand (April 2017)
- Step Up…or Stop Complaining! Your Community Needs You (February 2019)
Volunteer Fire and Emergency Management Service Crisis
- Townships Demand Immediate Leadership from State to Address Volunteer Firefighter Crisis: written by Shirl Barnhart, Past President, Pa. State Association of Township Supervisors, and Member, SR 6 Commission (May 2018)
- Times Have Changed: Give Townships a Choice for Providing Public Notices (December 2022)
- Townships Support Legal Advertising Reform that Saves Taxpayer Dollars and Increases Transparency (June 2021)
- Online Legal Ads: Why Not? (June 2017)
- Want Transparency? Give Townships a Choice (March 2023)