The below Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) training announcement, titled “Responding To and Investigating Bomb Threats and Swatting Hoaxes” is being forwarded by the Pennsylvania Criminal Intelligence Center (PaCIC) to provide situational awareness to critical infrastructure and key resources partners. The virtual training will be held in three sessions on 08/16/2023. The one-hour session is intended for public safety dispatchers, law enforcement personnel, school administration, and decision makers.
The training will include:
- an overview of bomb threats and swatting calls
- a current threat picture based on trends and statistics across the country
- the characteristics of hoax calls
- law enforcement best practices for assessment
- decision-making processes for evacuation vs. sheltering in place
Use the links below to register for one of the sessions: