CDC Updates Guidance for Fully Vaccinated People
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released updated health recommendations for fully vaccinated people. Township officials should note that Pennsylvania’s mask order automatically incorporates updated CDC guidance on masking.
People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Under the new guidance, fully vaccinated people:
- Do not need to wear a mask outdoors, except in certain crowded settings and venues.
- Can continue to work following an exposure as long as they are asymptomatic.
- May be exempted from routine screening testing, if feasible.
- May visit indoors with other fully vaccinated people without masks or social distancing.
- May visit indoors with unvaccinated people from a single household at low risk for severe COVID-19 without masks or social distancing.
- Do not need to quarantine or be tested following a known exposure if asymptomatic.
Fully vaccinated people should continue to take precautions in indoor public settings, such as wearing a mask and social distancing; avoid large indoor in-person gatherings; follow employer guidance; and get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Click here for more.