Township officials are reminded that there are several state filing deadlines this week. See below for the forms, why it is important to file, how to file, and where to go if you need assistance.
- Form AG-385 due to the Auditor General: All townships must file this form for the prior year by tomorrow, March 31. Form AG-385 must be filed to receive your foreign fire tax distribution for your fire companies and municipal pension aid if your township has a municipal pension plan. The form is filed through DCED’s Municipal Statistics site and you can login here. For directions for completing the AG-385, click here. Any questions about the AG-385 should be directed to the AG’s Municipal Pensions and Fire Relief Programs Unit at 1-800-882-5073.
- Request for 2022 Liquid Fuels Tax Refunds: Townships that paid liquid fuels when purchasing fuel in 2022 may request a refund by tomorrow, March 31. If you previously requested a refund, you should have received a preprinted form from the Board of Finance and Revenue. If you do not have a preprinted form or need to request a refund but have not done so in the past, please call (717) 787-6534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today to request a preprinted form. DO NOT submit a form for another municipality or cross out a different township’s information. If you did so, please request a form and resubmit it by tomorrow.
- PURTA Report (RCT-900): Townships file the RCT-900 to receive a distribution, usually a few hundred dollars, from taxes paid by certain utilities. The report is due April 1 and must be filed through the Department of Revenue’s myPATH system. Townships will need to add PURTA access within their myPATH account and include the Path ID and # that was sent to you earlier this year. To learn more about the report, click here. For questions, contact the department at email@example.com.
- Completion of Township’s 2022 Annual Audit: The township’s CPA or elected auditors (whichever is completing the audit for 2022) are required to complete the 2022 audit by April 1.
- File 2022 Municipal Annual Audit and Financial Report: This is the annual audit report that is required to be filed with DCED’s Municipal Statistics Office by April 1. It should be filed by the CPA or elected auditors, whichever completed the audit for 2022. To learn more about this report, click here. To file this reports, click here. Questions should be directed to 1-888-223-6837.