Getting ready for America250PA, PSATS wants photos of township historical assets for its 2024 calendar. From historic buildings to covered bridges to battlefields, townships are home to many significant sites that help form the legacy of the commonwealth in U.S. history. In our 2024 calendar, we’d like to showcase township historical assets that add to the community’s character, and we need your help to do so.
These could include such sites as:
• historic homes, buildings, or districts;
• covered, metal truss, or stone arch bridges;
• old barns, one-room schoolhouses, churches, etc.;
• repurposed or preserved factories, mills, or other old businesses;
• sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places;
• battlefields or other sites where significant events in history took place;
• Native American settlements, petroglyphs, or other sites;
• waterways that played a role in Pennsylvania history;
• other places that help tell the history of your township, the state, and the country.
To reproduce well in print, photos must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi at a size of 4 inches x 6 inches. Photos taken with a smartphone are fine, but please send them as “actual size” to ensure full resolution. Photos should be in color. Email photos as jpeg attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2023. Provide your name, position, township, county, and daytime telephone number. Identify any township officials or staff in photos, along with their title or position.