Pennsylvania American Water is accepting applications for the company’s 2023 Environmental Grant Program. The program offers funding for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore, or protect the watersheds, surface water, and groundwater supplies in local communities.
To qualify, proposed projects must be:
• Located within the Pennsylvania American Water service area;
• Completed between May and November of the grant funding year;
• Be a new, innovative, community initiative or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program;
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations; and
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the grant monies are used).
A panel of judges will evaluate the applications based on environmental need, innovation, community engagement, and sustainability. Information and applications can be found on the Environmental Grant Program page of the company’s website, under News & Community. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2023, and recipients will be notified in late April.
In 2022, grant recipients included East Pikeland Township in Chester County, Fairview Township in York County, and Silver Spring Township in Cumberland County.