The state Department of Labor & Industry is now accepting applications for PennSERVE’s 2023-24 AmeriCorps grant competition. PennSERVE grants fund community service projects across Pennsylvania. Applications are due October 12.
AmeriCorps community service projects have the following focus areas:
- Disaster Services: Helping prepare for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the effects of disasters and increase community resilience.
- Economic Opportunity: Improving the economic well-being and security of underserved individuals.
- Education: Improving educational outcomes for underserved people and program designs that support youth engagement and service learning.
- Environmental Stewardship: Supporting communities to become more resilient through measures that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, conserve land and water, increase renewable energy use, and improve at-risk ecosystems, especially in underserved households and communities.
- Healthy Futures: Supporting health needs within communities, including mitigating the impacts of COVID-19 and other public health crises, access to care, aging in place, and addressing childhood obesity, especially in underserved communities.
- Veterans and Military Families: Improving the quality of life of veterans, military families, caregivers, and survivors.
If selected by PennSERVE, applications will be submitted to the federal AmeriCorps agency to compete with other single-state and multi-state applicants. Additional details and grant applications for Public Health AmeriCorps State Grants and for AmeriCorps State Program Grants can be found on L&I’s website.