Pennsylvania will receive $5 million through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to support mitigation against future damage from natural disaster. Properties covered by a National Flood Insurance Program policy that have sustained repetitive losses due to flooding are eligible for the new Swift Current initiative. The local government where the property is located is considered the sub-applicant and will work with interested property owners to develop and submit a sub-application on behalf of the property owner. Applications must be submitted by October 3, 2022.
The following types of projects are eligible even if an insurance claim has been filed:
- Property acquisition and structure demolition/relocation;
- Nonstructural retrofitting of existing buildings and facilities;
- Structure elevation;
- Mitigation reconstruction;
- Dry floodproofing of historic residential structures or non-residential structures; and
- Structural retrofitting of existing buildings.
Click here to learn more.