Commonwealth Finally Issues Orders to Relax Mitigation Measures Easter Sunday
After announcing their proposal 3 weeks ago, Gov. Tom Wolf and Acting Secretary of Health Alison Beam have signed orders relaxing certain restriction on restaurants, gyms, salons, and entertainment venues effective on Easter Sunday, April 4 at 12:01 a.m. On that day, the
following rules will be changed:
- Restaurants may resume bar service, alcohol service will be allowed without the purchase of food, and nightclubs may reopen at 50% capacity. However, customers must be seated to be served.
- Indoor dining capacity will increase from 50% to 75% of the capacity for restaurants that have self-certified. Restaurants that have not self-certified may increase indoor dining capacity from 25% to 50%.
- Capacity for personal service facilities (salons), gyms, and entertainment facilities (casinos, theatres, malls) will increase from 50% to 75%.
- Indoor gathering limits will increase from 15% to 25%, and outdoor gatherings may increase from 20% to 50%. Both apply to all venue sizes.
- Teleworking is no longer required but strongly encouraged.
Masking, social distancing, and adherence to business protocol requirements remain in effect.
Click here for more.
Click here for Wolf’s order