Yesterday, the Commonwealth Financing Authority and the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority announced grant and loan awards. Many townships are among the recipients. Congratulations!
- The Commonwealth Financing Authority approved $48 million in funding for 116 new projects in 45 counties from the Multimodal Transportation Fund. This fund is separate from the Multimodal fund through the state Department of Transportation. Congratulations to the more than 30 townships that were awarded grants! To view the list of awardees, click here and scroll down to page 14. The new grant awards are highlighted in yellow.
- The Commonwealth Financing Authority also
- approved $15 million for 135 projects in 38 counties that are funded by Act 13. More than 30 townships received awards in the following categories: Flood Mitigation, Greenways, Trails, and Recreation, Sewage Facilities, and Watershed Restoration and Protection. For list of awardees, click here and scroll down. The new awards are highlighted in yellow. Also, as we reported yesterday, applications are currently being accepted for the next grant round until May 31.
- The Commonwealth Financing Authority approved $4.5 million for five new Pipeline Investment Program projects. While townships were not among the awardees, all five projects extend natural gas service to businesses or business parks within townships. Click here for more.
- The PennVEST announced funding awards of $117 million in grants and loans to 25 drinking water, wastewater, and non-point source projects across 19 counties. Several townships were among the grant recipients. Funding sources included Growing Greener, Marcellus Legacy Funds, federal grants, and recycled loan repayments. Click here to view the awards.