buy research paper online cheap, how to write an essay for high school, divorce and the effects on children essay, django login attempt to write a readonly database, dissertation on fashion and architecture, causes of the civil war essay

Latest News


Federal, State Agencies Release $26 Million to Help Flood-Stricken Townships Repair Streambanks

Friday September 14th, 2018

      Federal and state agencies have teamed up to provide $26 million to help flood-stricken communities in northcentral and eastern Pennsylvania recover from summer storms and prevent future damage.

        Municipalities in Berks, Bradford, Chester, Columbia, Dauphin, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Luzerne, Lycoming, Montour, Northampton, Schuylkill, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Wayne, Wyoming, and York counties are eligible for the grants to restore streams that were disrupted by flooding on July 21, 2018, and afterward.

        Applications are due by October 15, 2018, to the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).

        “Mother Nature has been relentless this summer, bringing flood after flood to communities that are still struggling to pick up the pieces,” PSATS Executive Director Dave Sanko said. “On behalf of our members, I’d like to thank the federal and state governments for stepping in with this funding to help townships stabilize eroding streambanks. The preventive measures will reduce future threats to homes, businesses, and utilities.”

        Funding can be used to remove debris from waterways, reseed damaged areas, and protect eroded streambanks from further damage. Funding is not available to repair flood-damaged buildings.

        The NRCS is providing 75 percent of the funding through its Emergency Watershed Protection Program. The remaining 25 percent – or $6.25 million – is being covered by the state Department of Environmental Protection so that local governments don’t incur costs for eligible projects.

        “Getting our communities back on their feet after these floods is one of my administration’s top priorities, and these grants to local governments will help make sure that flooding can be reduced in the future,” Gov. Tom Wolf said. “DEP will work collaboratively with the federal government on the design, permitting, and construction of these projects so that we can ensure long-term protection from flooding.”

        More information about the grants is available at your local NRCS office. To find their contact information, go to offices.usda.gov.